What should I expect right before liposuction?josh
- You’ll arrive an hour before your surgery and be escorted to the preoperative waiting area.
- You’ll remove all of your clothing and jewelry, and put on a hospital gown. (Your valuables will be placed in a secure area or may be given to a family member.)
- You’ll sign any necessary paperwork and a preoperative nurse will take your vital signs, review your medications, and answer any questions.
- You’ll meet your surgery team and they’ll mark the location for the liposuction on your body.
- If your surgical team hasn’t already taken photos of the area you’re having treated, they might do so before your procedure. They will be useful later, for before and after comparisons.
- Your chosen method of anesthesia will be administered.
- When it’s time for your surgery, you will be wheeled into the operating suite on a stretcher.