What should I expect right before LAVH surgery ?Nate Deisler
- You’ll arrive an hour before your surgery and be escorted to the preoperative waiting area.
- You’ll remove all of your clothing and jewelry, and put on a hospital gown. (Your valuables will be placed in a secure area or may be given to a family member.)
- You’ll sign any necessary paperwork and a preoperative nurse will take your vital signs, review your medications, and answer any questions.
- You’ll meet your surgery team and they’ll mark the location of the surgery on your body.
- An I.V. (intravenous line) will be placed in your hand or arm, so medications—including general anesthesia—can be administered.
- When it’s time for your surgery, you will be wheeled into the operating suite on a stretcher.