What should I expect right before a pouchoscopy?josh
- You’ll arrive 1-2 hours before your procedure and be escorted to the preoperative waiting area.
- You’ll remove all of your clothing and jewelry, and put on a hospital gown. (Your valuables will be placed in a secure area or may be given to a family member.)
- You’ll sign any necessary paperwork and a preoperative nurse will take your vital signs, review your medications, and answer any questions.
- You’ll meet the members of your surgery team.
- An I.V. (intravenous line) will be placed in your hand or arm, so medications, including a sedative, can be administered. If you’re using a different kind of anesthesia, you’ll receive an injection.
- When it’s time for your surgery, you will be wheeled into the operating suite on a stretcher.