How should I prepare for my at-home recovery?josh
- Ask someone to spend at least the first few days after surgery at home with you—especially if you have children.
- Prepare to take it easy for a few days, so compile reading material or a list of movies or television shows you’d like to watch.
- Shop for groceries before your procedure and have lots of hydrating liquids and healthy foods on hand.
- Have dark towels available. They’ll absorb any leaking fluid.
- Prepare to take a week off from work.
- Prepare to wear compression garments or elastic bandages around the treated areas.
- You might have small drains at your surgical site. If so, we’ll tell you exactly how to care for them and how long they’ll be in.