How should I prepare for my at-home recovery?josh
Following your C-section, you’ll likely be advised to have a helper at home—either your partner, a family member, a friend, or a combination of the three. If you live alone, our associates can help you find a temporary caretaker. Below is a checklist of advance preparations that will make your postpartum period easier.
- Prepare a place to recover on your home’s first floor, as you will likely be discouraged from climbing stairs.
- Create a place for any overnight visitors who are helping you. Include clean sheets, towels, and toiletries.
- Shop for the groceries you’ll need when you return from the hospital—we suggest healthy meals and a lot of hydrating liquids.
- Organize your home so you can get to necessary items and places without twisting or bending too much.
- Have nursing bras, nursing pads, a postpartum belly band, and supportive postpartum underwear on hand.
- Have extra heavy menstrual pads on hand.