How do I care for my incision at home?josh
- Check with your surgeon on the timing of your first shower following the procedure. In some cases, you’ll be able to take one in 24 hours, but you might have to wait two to three days.
- You may be able to remove the outer dressings on your incisions a day after surgery—we’ll give you instructions.
- Don’t scrub the incision area. Just run soap and water over it.
- After showering, gently dry the incision areas with a clean towel.
- If you have steri-strips over your incision, they’ll fall off on their own within about two weeks.
- Make sure you wear loose clothing.
- For about two weeks, don’t submerge your incision in water by taking a bath or getting in a pool or hot tub. When the incisions are completely healed, feel free to resume those activities.