How do I care for my incision at home?Rob Peoni
- Change your dressing daily, starting two days after you leave the hospital.
- Don’t scrub the incision area.
- If you have steri-strips over your incision, they will fall off on their own within about two weeks.
- You may remove your dressing and shower two days after your surgery if there is no drainage from your incision. Carefully pat the incision dry after your shower and reapply the dressing.
- For about two weeks, don’t submerge your incision in water by taking a bath or getting in a pool or hot tub. When the incisions are completely healed, feel free to resume those activities.